Splinter Cell (the original) any place on-line to download the extra maps?
Doug
2005-06-25 05:09:01 UTC
For those of you not in the know Splinter Cell has at least three more maps
that were released for the PC. The below quote is from an Ubisoft Splinter
Cell patch for the Euro version of Splinter Cell:

"
TOM CLANCY'S SPLINTER CELL
APRIL 2003
Readme

(c) Ubi Soft 2002

Make sure to read the readme file once installation of patch 1.3 is over.

DETAILS - PATCH 1.3

The patch installs common files needed to run new downloadable maps
(Kolacell, Vselka Infiltration, Vselka Submarine). You must install this
patch before any of the downloadable map.

The patch also fixes the following bugs :

- Reflection problems solved on Radeon type video card;

- Night vision problems solved on Radeon type video card (Radeon R2xx);

" End quote.

The thing is WHERE do you actually get these new maps?
there is no .sig
John Lewis
2005-06-25 06:59:34 UTC
Post by Doug
[...]
Quite trivial really.....

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/splintercell/downloads/

The full readme is also selectable on the download page. Just
click on the entry under "Description"

John Lewis

- Technology early-birds are flying guinea-pigs.
Doug
2005-06-25 08:36:24 UTC
John, the 1.3 patch mentioned there will NOT install on my USA installation
of Splinter Cell, it errors out saying this patch is only for the Euro/Asian
market. Unless your maganimous self can come up with some away around that
little problem? ;^) Aside from that patch there's no mention of the new maps
for Splinter Cell anywhere (I spent a coupla hours googling the world).
Thanks for the attempt though.
--
there is no .sig
Rocky
2005-06-25 10:54:38 UTC
Post by Doug
For those of you not in the know Splinter Cell has at least three more
maps that were released for the PC. The below quote is from an Ubisoft
<snip>
Post by Doug
The thing is WHERE do you actually get these new maps?
I can't explain that readme file contents, but after googling around, it
seems to me that those levels were available to the xbox live service only.

Have you tried asking in the SC Ubi forums?
--
Rocky
GhostRecon.net | AGR-S.com | Tactical-Elite.net

__
Rocky
2005-06-25 10:57:33 UTC
Post by Doug
The thing is WHERE do you actually get these new maps?
I can't explain that readme file contents, but after googling around, it
seems to me that those levels were available to the xbox live service only.
Have you tried asking in the SC Ubi forums?
1 minute on the Ubi forums found this...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/954105331/m/758100162/r/758100162#758100162

You have to buy it for the PC according to that.

__
Doug
__
Rocky
2005-06-26 18:39:17 UTC
Post by Doug
It better be cheap, it's only 3 maps from what I understand.
They are not sold seperate, they are included in the collectors pack.